The Apex Body of Bangladesh Hotel Industry!
Bangladesh International Hotel Association (BIHA) is the leading representative organization in the hospitality industry, representing more than 51 International hotels.
BIHA is the official voice of Bangladesh's hoteliers that safeguards their lawful interests and promotes unity and co-operation among its members. We are forming with the intention of helping our members grow in their business by maintaining a high profile with governments, developing strategic and innovative marketing programs, creating networks, voicing their concerns and providing current Industry information and resources. As a member of BIHA you are immediately recognized as a part of Bangladesh's most important in Industrial sector. Your involvement in the programs and committees of BIHA offer an opportunity to serve this vital part of the country's economy and gives you an individual voice within the association and a collective voice through the BIHA.
BIHA mission is to facilitate the full potential of Bangladesh's hotel and tourism Industry by raising concerted voice to make conductive environment for the growth of this sector. BIHA aims at serving its members by fulfilling their needs and building partnerships in a socially responsible and sustainable manner.
BIHA envisions itself to become the national driving force to achieve world-class
Vibrant hotel industry with the private sector leadership, which will fuel the country's Development.
The objective for which the Association is established are:
- To secure for the Industry its due place in Bangladesh's economy, and highlight its crucial role in the service of tourism industry
- To help raise the standards, growth, efficiency and an image of the Industry both in Bangladesh and abroad.
- To plan, promote and protect by lawful means, the interests of the Hotel Industry (hereinafter called the "Industry")
- To aim for globalization of the Industry and its integration with the world economy in conformity with the national policies
- To take up, consider and discuss issues of national and international importance affecting the Industry.
- To communicate with Industrial Associations, Chambers of Commerce and other commercial, industrial or public bodies, within and outside Bangladesh and to concentrate on promotional measures for protection of business and commercial activities of the Industry.
- To give high priority to activities designed to bring about improvement in the performance of Industry such as Energy Conservation, R&D, Export, Technology Transfer and Development, Human Resources Development, Quality, Productivity etc.